Re: Senate Bills

To: medtron!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@uunet.uu.net (Philip J Ethier) (Philip J Ethier)
Subject: Re: Senate Bills
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 92 12:48:13 PST

| I know there was a $750 bounty on old cars
| for the crusher in California.  Still going on?

I don't think anything like this actually happened on a statewide
basis. I heard that there was some talk of doing something like
that in one of the countys in southern California but I don't
recall hearing that it came to pass. Some gas company was talking about
giving some small amount like $50.00 or so, for a very limited time
as a promotion.

There are about 30 million cars in california. I don't think the state could
afford to give even $100.00 each. At $750.00 there would be a stampeed.
8^)