Re: Engine Break-in Story

To: british-cars@hoosier, cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Engine Break-in Story
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 92 09:31:00 -0800
Reading about breaking in ----  The Transmission on my MGBGT just broke in
Friday evning.  I was hit by the old why go through the trouble of
pulling back mats & trying to get to a unreachable dipstick when I never need
to add oil anyway,  out of oil syndrome.  I put oil in inLos Gatos then
nursed the B over the Santa Cruz mountains to home with continual loud sounds
& vibrations.  Sigh, now that my transmissions well broken in, I need another.

Anyone out there have a verygood to excellent condition used series II
overdrive MGB transmission for sale???

Along the same note, it would be difficult for me to do the work myself due
to my current schedule.  If there is anyone near the Aptos area who has the
time & experience & wants to pick up some extra $$$ You can bid to replace
my transmission, clutch & rear main seal. (408)974-2344 during work hrs.

Otherwise, I am going to have a garage do the work this time so I can keep up
on all the other projects.

Also, anyone have the current phone number for the latest incarnation of
East 14th st.???

TeriAnn
Well, with the TR3 undergoing a mucho major restoration & the MGBGT out of
commission, at least I can drive the Land Rover ... I always feel insecure
when I am down to one drivable car.