A TR250

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: A TR250
From: lsil!mhost!up91!stclair@fernwood.mpk.ca.us (Scott Stclair 6792)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 16:19:31 PST
Hello. I'm a relatively new list member and I'm told its good etiqutte to
introduce one's self and car.

I'm a long-time LBC owner: I bought my first TR250 in 1975. I bought the one I
currently own in 1982. I'm the second owner. To date, I've rebuilt the diff,
transmission (I added overdrive while I was at it), front/rear suspension,
interior, and am current
ly going through the engine.

As a part of my engine rebuild, I am warming it up a bit, including a
performance grind on the cam. Now it happens that the TR250 and early TR6 cams
are very cool--they have duration of only 240 degrees and a lift of .214 in.
Elgin, the shop I expect to g
rind the cam, says that there is not enough meat on the TR250 cam to produce
make the grind that I want.

However, 1972 and later TR6 cams do have enough meat for the grind I want (BL
had to use a more aggressive grind to make up for the lower compression ratio
used in '72 to reduce NOX emissions), so I'm looking for a good used TR6 cam
from a 1972 or later e
ngine. Does anyone out there know of a car that's being parted out or have a
blown engine to part out? I'd appreciate any help you all can provide.

Scott St. Clair
stclair@lsil.com