Re: OEM GASKET COMPOUNDS

To: mjb@hoosier (Mark Bradakis)
Subject: Re: OEM GASKET COMPOUNDS
From: dhuddles@hobbit.gandalf.ca (David Huddleson)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 14:46:20 EST
> Look for some Permatex "Hylomar" in a local parts place.  I, though, do indeed
> mjb.

Just a perspective from a "newer vintage"-LCB owner. The Triumph TR7 and TR8
Workshop manuals both make mention of Hylomar in engine assembly sections. It
is curious though that the TR8 microfiche have one panel showing sealants of
various types, of which one is Wellseal  :-). So both seem to have a presence.

David (I use Hylomar) Huddleson

PS. It's good to see useful chatter again on the list. I'll stop right there.