Options for List

To: kiviat@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Brian Kiviat)
Subject: Options for List
From: berry@hawking.wpd.sgi.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 92 09:24:23 -0800
>>>>> On 4 Mar 92 09:50 EST, kiviat@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Brian Kiviat) said:
Brian> I don't understand the fear of making this group a regular newsgroup???

My understanding of the "fear" is that the way we are,

1) people without Usenet can participate
2) you have to perform a positive act to get on, and presumably only
   folks who love (or at least like) British cars will do it.

News groups are often presented when created, or even (in gnus)
auto-subscribed for you.  I predict that if a rec.cars.british  is
formed, within a week we'll have posts of "What is this newsgroup
for?", "All British Cars Suck" and "My Camaro is better Nyah Nyah!"

And then, I will unsubscribe.

  --berry