Info on 78 MG Midget

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Info on 78 MG Midget
From: RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1992 16:44 EST
As I posted here a couple of days ago, I purchased a 78 Midget. I am
now slowly taking inventory of what I need to fix, replace, etc. I
have one problem right now which I need to take care of and that is
the starter.

When I go to start it, the starter cranks the engine a couple of times,
and then disengages and continues turning. This goes on a bunch of
times until the engine finally catches. The seller claims the starter
was replaced but continued to "spin on" intermitently. Any clues?

Also, is there anywhere I can purchase an owner's manual for a
78 Midget? I need to know what all the switches and lights, etc.
are.

Thanks,
ric golen