Welcome Jennifer!

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Welcome Jennifer!
From: rlindsay@amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 93 10:00:50 CST
Welcome Jennifer!  I'm glad that you hooked up with this
bunch.  There is a wealth of information passing through
british-cars.  There are people here that span the spectrum
from broken-down MG Midgets to 100 point Aston-Martins.
The remarkable thing is that there never seems to be any
difference in the PEOPLE who own the $700 cars and the
$300,000 cars!  It's like everyone has realized that this
motor-sport is about leather, wood and love not practicality,
money and snootiness.  This idea doesn't seem to be unique
to this group but to British car fans in general.

A guy came over to my house a few days ago to look at my
'76 XJS (which was for sale).  He is an ex-member of the
Porsche Club here in Tulsa.  He commented on how much the
British car fans were into the cars and driving where his
Porsche Club members spent most of their time discussing
how much each other charged for this surgury or that
litigation.  For better or worse, we're a different breed.

The only down side to you joining the group is that you will
see where I get most of the ideas for our newsletter
articles!  My secret is out...

Again, welcome.

Rick

PS. I will e-mail you info about my cars.  This group has
seen that junk too many times.

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, until they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...