Auction

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Auction
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1993 8:53:37 EST
 There is going to be an auction just south of Dayton in a couple of weeks.
 Of interest is a 57 Austin Healey 100-6, restorable, a Jag 3.8 engine and
 transmission, and a Sprite (and Midget) engine and transmission.  What really
 caught my eye however was 48 Triumph 1800, restorable, less engine.  As I
 recall, the illustrious DickN has one of these little beasties.  Should my
 wife start sweating now over this ad?  What might be a reasonable price for
 this thing?  What does one look for?  Will the Triumph TR2-4 engine fit/be a
 suitable replacement for the missing engine?  As I recall, the TR2-4 is not
 just a bored out 1800, but my MG/Jag background is showing...  Any other
 thoughts?  They also listed a 55 Mercedes 300 parts car.  Must have been an
 interesting shop.  They are also auctioning off a lot of parts, mostly
 American, and shop equipment.  I don't know how far and wide they are
 advertising, may not be any bargains....
 MAD