Temperature gauges and homebrewing

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Temperature gauges and homebrewing
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 93 12:41:45 EST
|Date: 1-8-93  12:36am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: Temperature gauges and homebrewing
   I have a question about temperature senders.  Do the temperature
gauges in most LBC's, i.e. bourdon tube (I guess) running through a wire
to a gauge, need a voltage source for anything.  What I'm really getting
at is: could I stick the bourdon tube into a pot of water and get a
reading on a gauge?  This is for one of my other hobbies: homebrewing.
Any comments appreciated.

   Brit. car related notes:

   My midget is sitting in the driveway, patiently waiting for warmer
weather for me to continue work.  I had to steal the battery for the B
though.  The battery box frame on the B had rusted away and I put one of
the plastic battery boxes in.  On the sheet that came with it said,
"Will fit battery groups ......(a whole bunch), but will not fit group
42."  I couldn't see a size on the battery that was in there (it's a big
Interstate battery).  The PO had just dropped it in with no handles and
there wasn't enough room to get my hands around it, so I pushed it
through the bottom.  Sure enough, it didn't fit in the new box.
    A related question, once the battery frame is rusted away, where
does the handbrake cable mount to?

    Dean