Re: Datsuns and Brit-cars

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Datsuns and Brit-cars
From: gdk@thumper.bellcore.com (Gabor Kiss)
Date: 29 October 1991 1842-EST (Tuesday)
These postings flying around about Datsun parts interchanging with MGB
parts prompts me to recount a very bizarre situation. I had a 1967
Buick Skylark with a V-6 motor. Bought it from a guy for $50 when his
original customer fell through. Seems he wanted it for a demolition
derby but they don't accept cars with floor shifters.

Anyway, it ran but the clutch slipped. So out comes the tranny, off
with the old clutch, run to the parts store... but wait, in the same
garage I have a 1959 Austin-Healey 100/6 with a brand new clutch,
where's the old one? Damn they're the same! Same diameter, same shaft
diameter, same splines, everything. So for the next couple of years I
had the only Buick with an A-H clutch in the whole world (probably).

Morale: never throw away nothin.