stuff

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: stuff
From: augi@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 91 16:55:33 EDT
> Date: Tue, 15 Oct 91 16:43:10 pdt
> From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
> Subject: Desperately Seeking Grommets
>
> The clutch and brake pedals on my snake are made of aluminum.  To
> slightly retard wear and to provide friction, 1/2" holes are drilled in
> both pedals near their tops and bottoms where a drivers foot tends to
> make the most contact.  These holes have rubber grommets in them which
> function as pedal pads.  To me they appear to be standard black rubber
> chassis or bulkhead wire or cable feedthrough grommets.  All of the
> grommets on my pedals are worn and need to be replaced.  I've checked
> several hardware stores and a couple of electronics supply stores in the
> area but none of them carried the size I need.  I've found grommets for
> 1/2" diameter holes but none to fit a wall thickness of ~3/16".  Mostly

For any of this kind of stuff, I highly recommend a mail order firm in
central PA called Restoration Specialties and Supplies.  They seem oriented
towards owners of antique american cars, but are nevertheless an excellent
source of generic materials such as weatherstrip, grommets, fasteners, clips,
etc.  Prices seem generally fair, but selection is outstanding; I really have
not found a more complete catalog of this kind of materials.

If there's interest, I'll try to remember to bring in a catalog so that I can
disseminate the phone number.

                                                        Joe