RE:BMIHT vehicle traces

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE:BMIHT vehicle traces
From: btufts@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 91 13:38:17 EDT
Phil asked:

>Who are Historic Lotus Register and Club Lotus and how can I reach them?
>I am a member of Lotus LTD. and our local club LOON.

The following info I got from the LOTUS '89 (event in the U.K. ) Program Guide

Historic Lotus Register:

Mike Marsden, "Orchard House", Wotton Road, Rangeworthy, Bristol BS17 5NA

As the name suggests this group primarily caters to Lotus cars before 1960.

Club Lotus:

Membership Secretary: Amanda Thomas, Club Lotus National H.Q,
P.O. Box 8, Dereham, Norfolk NR19  1TF     Tel: 0362 694459
Fax: 0362 695522

This club has been assisted for the last 27 years by Graham Arnold,
Ex -Lotus Sales Director (Author of the Illustrated Lotus Car Buyers Guide)
The Club is independent of the factory, and comments as it sees fit.
Annual subscription is $15. (US)  This is the club that does car histories
for a fee (sorry can't remember how much).

Club Team Lotus:

Andrew Ferguson, Lotus Marketing Services Limited, Kettingham Hall,
Wymondham, Norfolk NR18  9RS   Tel: 0603 811662 Fax: 0603 810647

This club operates out of the H.Q. of the Lotus F1 team.  Its magizine, Lotus
World,  is the official factory publication. It has ties to the factory and
(ailing) F1 team. Expect a factory biased slant compared to Club Lotus.