Wanted- Datsun Roadster Own

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Wanted- Datsun Roadster Own
From: Bill Wessel <Bill_Wessel@gene.biotech.wisc.edu>
Date: 4 Oct 91 11:49:54
                       Subject:                               Time:11:17 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Wanted: Datsun Roadster Owners         Date:10/4/91
I know, I know... you're saying what's this guy think he's doing coming onto
our list looking for Datsun Roadsters!!!  He must be out of his mind. Well,
maybe I am....in the same way you Brit-car owners love your cars, I'm fanatical
about Datsun 1600 and 2000's.

Allow me to explain. My name is Bill Wessel <bwessel@macc.wisc.edu> and I own
four roadsters in various states of restoration/parting out. I'm thinking of
starting a Datsun Roadster list (cheers). I got this address from Roger Garnett
via the autox list (Team.net). He thought that there might be a few roadster
owners hiding out here with the MG's, Healeys, Triumph's, Sunbeam's etc. (not
bad company I'll admit), but I think it's time we roadster owners got under our
own ragtop :-). So, come on you guys/gals, give me your names and addresses and
let's start this puppy up.

I am not in any Roadster business, nor do I make anything off this venture. I'm
doing it simply out of my love for the cars and the people they seem to
attract. For two years now, I've organized the Dairyland Datsun Roadster
Day-out to Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI to coincide with the Chicago Vintage
Historic Races in mid-july. This year we had seven cars all lined up in a row
by turn 5 and generated quite alot of interest (I never got to see a race, I
was too busy talking to folks). Perhaps you saw us?

I won't take anymore bits. Send me your names and addresses if your VIN starts
with SPL/SRL311 (you know what I mean) and wait for further developments. Pip
pip, cheerio.....and all that rot!

Bill Wessel
Biotechnology Center
1710 University Ave.