Twin Cam Water Pumps

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Twin Cam Water Pumps
From: Paul Homchick <paul@cgh.cgh.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 91 22:13:34 EDT
> When the water pump on my Lotus Twin cam went, we cut an access panel in
> the fire wall!!  It made replacing the water pump really simple.
> Larry

This is a bit unusual.  Does your twin cam have an aftermarket
removable waterpump?  The standard twin cam motor requires you to (at
the very least) remove the oil pan and front timing chest case, and if
you really want to do it like Colin and God intended, in order to keep
it from leaking oil when you are done, you really ought to pull the
head.  So, I am wondering about what good a hole in the firewall does
when presented with the true problems at hand.  Of course, you also
have to remove the radiator.