RE>My gawd! what have I don

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE>My gawd! what have I don
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 29 Aug 91 13:19:51
        Reply to:   RE>My gawd! what have I done!
Miq Millman writes:

Something really strange happens when you have a fleet of cars (8+) that for
some reason or another diminishes to a smaller number.  Even though you have
a perfectly reasonably number of cars (7) you start looking for excuses and
reasons to find another.  I know, this is happening to me.  Let me explain:
[.. Deleted cute story about Miq's reasons/excuses for buying more cars..]

**** This reminds me of a rather annoying saying of my wife's.  It goes
something like this:
     " YOU HAVE TOO MANY CARS"

Another, equally annoying variant, is " YOU HAVE TOO MANY MOTORCYCLES".

Then there is the ever-popular "YOU SPEND TOO MUCH MONEY ON YOUR CARS".  She
also has the uncanny ability to turn any one of these statements into a
question starting with the phrase "WHY DO YOU....".

Sigh.  People like that, how do their minds work, anyway?  I don't understand.
:-)

      - Jerry

p.s.  Even our dreams of the future vary:

    Her:  "When we get this house paid off, we'll travel the world!  We'll take
cruises!  We'll take trips!"

    Me:  "When we retire, we'll buy a little house in the country with a
workshop and a ten-car garage..."