Re: Water pumps (Gasket Sealant Recommendations)

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Water pumps (Gasket Sealant Recommendations)
From: srt@aerospace.aero.org
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 91 08:44:47 -0700
Well, when I rebuilt my MGB engine, I used spray-type copper gasket
sealant as recommended by Scott Fisher.  I haven't had any leaking
problems, except at the rear main seal.  (Which *didn't* leak before
the rebuild and does after - a backwards result which I attribute to
placing the seal itself backwards.  It's an oddly shaped cork piece
whose proper orientation was mysterious.)

                                                -- Scott Turner