shared engine/transmission oil

To: british-cars-local@wsl.dec.com
Subject: shared engine/transmission oil
From: ez002679@castor.ucdavis.edu
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 90 19:14:11 -0800
Recently, there has been a discussion of engine oil vs transmission oil,
and someone pointed out that Lamborghini had problems when the engine and
transmission shared their oil supplies.  This arrangenment cannot always
be lethal though, as the Austin/Morris mini survives quite well with this
arrangement.  In the mini, the engine sump contains the transmission!
>From what I can gather (my mini-Cooper isn't quite on the road yet), the
appropriate oil is 50 weight (engine oil).

David Lenzi