Re: TR6 Seatcovers

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM, mit-eddie!hpfcpe.fc.hp.com!gillam@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: TR6 Seatcovers
From: Jerome Kaidor <mit-eddie!synoptics.com!jkaidor@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 90 10:18:22 -0700
   When I got my MGA seatcovers from Moss, I thought I'd just take them to
an upholstery shop.  When the upholsterer quoted me $75 PER SEAT to install
them, I asked if he could sell me supplies to do it myself.  He sold me the
seat foam, the special padding that makes it "plump out", cloth straps to add
backing to the seat frame, special cardboard...etc.  And gave me a half-hour
lecture on how to do the job.   I did it, and it came out really nice!  But
it _
_DID_ take me a day or so....

    - Jerry Kaidor