Re: heresy

To: '"acsu.buffalo.edu!british-cars%alliant.com"@planck'.acsu.buffalo.edu (sol)
Subject: Re: heresy
From: mit-eddie!hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu!tobin@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mike Tobin)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 90 10:11:08 EDT

> i think i'm gonna buy something completely tasteless like a camaro and
> drop an xk engine in it just because somebody has to.  i wonder how
> hard that would be?  should get quite a few laughs at the jag shows.
> i wonder how it would be accepted at the musclecar shows?
>
> tim

Unless you're 6'9" and have benn pumping a lot of iron lately I'd stay
away.  Bowtie fanatics have even less a sense of humor about such things
than most Brit car wierdos.  They also hold our cherished toys in
greater contempt than many of us hold thiers.

Myslf, I don''t get too worked up about such things.  I once even helped a guy
put  Chevy 2883 in a 100-6.  It became,objectively, a better car in every
way. I wouldn't even consider doing such a thing to my own 3000, but he
did a good jjob of it and I think the car nut world is better off for
such machines.

On the other hand, last week I spotted a Healey body (a real one not one
of the Paxton flabbergas things) sitting way up on what looked like a
4wheel drive pickup chassis.  Anbody got a gun??

Well, if anybody will still talk to me I'll be at the Glenn tomorrow,
Saturday and Sunday.  We'll be in the black GMC pickup with the grey
campr (at leaast it's the same colour combo as our Healey).  We'll keep
an eye out forr the cars Roger Garnett claims he will be able to drive there.

Mike Tobin
planck!hercules!tobin@acsu.buffalo.edu