Palo Alto All-British Car Show

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Palo Alto All-British Car Show
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!sfisher@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 90 14:25:39 PDT
--------
Well, since it seems to be all the rage, let's talk about:

>Just caught up on all the mail and saw something about an event in Palo
>Alto next weekend (I assume the 8th and 9th).  I'm looking for details, what
>is it, when, where,...
>-Dan

What: Palo Alto All-British Car Show

When: September 9, 1990. I think it opens at some
ungodly hour like 8:30 and runs most of the day.

Where: Stanford Park -- across El Camino Real from
Stanford Shopping Center.

How much: There's usually a nominal fee to put your
car on display ($5?  $10?  I can't remember), plus an
additional fee to put it in the "For Sale" area.  This
means that not all the "For Sale" cars are in the area
marked for them!

Etc: A Taste of Britain supplies non-authentic (that is,
good-tasting) British food at the meet; there's usually
a band, though I hope last year's singer has been forced
to listen to recordings of himself.  Cars aren't the only
things that get out of tune...

>So, who's going to be at the Palo Alto British Car Meet this Sunday?  I'll
>be there with my blue '79 Midget and I'll try to put the SOL identifier in
>the window.  Anybody else???
>Rich Hill
>hill@iris.ucdavis.edu

I'll be there, with Colour Sergeant Bourne (BRG; Calif plates
2AAA721); chances are it'll be the only MGB with a kid's
car seat in it.  Larry Colen has plans for lunch, but I'll
give him the pleasure of announcing them.  Since Andy
Banta is on vacation between mail addresses this week,
I'll cover for him and say that he's planning to have
his MGB-GT, in full racing trim, on display there.  Look
for a black-and-yellow MGT with #73 on the doors and the
bonnet, and a hot-pink interior.

--
Scott Fisher
sfisher@wsl.dec.com