Power Plant Paint

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Power Plant Paint
From: mit-eddie!theory.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 90 08:57:28 EDT
Some info, and a couple more questions on engine paint:

1) A while back I asked if anyone knew of a source for Brit-car engine
  paints, other than Moss ($13 for a spray can!) No one did. :-(
  SO I bought a can of MGB engine maroon from Moss- I think it's
  got too much black in it. It looks more like old blood than it should...
  mayby I'm just too used to old faded paint.

2) I have now found a couple of other sources, for about half of Moss' price!
        -One of the Brit-car places on the West coast listed spray cans of
        one colour. (North West? Sorry I forgot, when I found the next one.)

        -Bill Hirsh, who also carry things like gas tank sealer ($12-14/qt)
        manifold paint, etc, lists about 50 different paints, available
        in 1 qt. cans, for $15. (Some are available in aerosol for $7, but
        not ours) These are "Very High Temperature, Guaranteed never to
        burn off" They list Austin Healey Green, MG TC Green, and MG
        Maroon. Spray cans are handy, but you can spray from a can, and
        use it by hand for touch up also.
                They also list engine cleaner/degreaser & primer,
                aerosol only- 5.95. -interesting.
                        Bill Hirsch
                        396 Littleton Ave
                        Newark, NJ  07103
                        1-800-828-2061

3) Regarding Austin Healey Green... That seems to be a light, metalic
   green. *Some* Sprites, and MG Midgets got a darker, avacado-ish
   green. Does anyone know which cars had which colours?

4) The colour for MG steel fans is very close to International Harvester
   yellow. (Cub Cadets, etc.) But, don't try John Deere Yellow, it's too
   pale.

Now- does anyone have any idea what colour the engine for a 1934
MG PA is supposed to be? And where to get some?...
      Roger Garnett           (garnett@BATCOMPUTER.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
        The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars
-Working hard to get a British car or two functional for Serrengetti!