Re: Re: welders

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Re: welders
From: uunet!bally.Bally.COM!pete@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Pete Gregory (Live from Patmos))
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 90 16:00:40 PDT
> Subject: Re: welders
>
> > General question:  I have to do a good bit of body work on several of my
> > vehicles (dreaded rust repair).  I have an Oxy-acetylene torch, but I
> > understand that a MIG setup is infinitely better for dealing with sheet
> > metal. Since a simple MIG unit can be had for $300-400, how hard are they
> > learn how to use??? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to look for
> > in purchasing such a unit??? and what might be useful but not essential???
> >
> Alternatively, anybody had any experience with "stitch" welders?
> According to the ads they're thingies that allow you to do sheet metal
> with an arc welder.  They claim they're easy to use and arc welders can
> be had for less than a MIG unit.

Ask Pete Rose, the baseball player... I just heard on the radio that, while
serving his five month prison term, he will be working in the machine/fab
shop.

I don't know his UUCP address.  He probably isn't on the net   %^)

Pete Gregory           : uucp:   uunet!bally!pete              |
Bally Systems          : domain: pete@bally.bally.com       ---|---
5270 Neil Rd, Suite 301: phone:  702-689-2485                  |
Reno, NV 89502         : FAX:    702-689-2417                  |

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those
who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28