Re: Slick 50 ?

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Slick 50 ?
From: mit-eddie!iris.ucdavis.edu!sanders@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (John Sanders)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 90 15:08:38 PDT
I 've used Slick50 in both of my MGB's for a long time - the first since 77 and
the second since 83. I've also put it in all my other cars. I've followed the
recommended practice of repeating the treatment every 4 years or so. All of my
experience with the stuff has been positive and I strongly believe its use is
correlated with my lack of engine problems. I follow a rigorous maintenance
program with my cars but the lack of engine wear seems extraordinary. As for the
plugging of oil filters - as haven't seen that to be the case. Remember that
this is an engine treatment and one only keeps Slick50 in for 3000 miles or so.

My feeling is that it is worth the $35 a shot.

John Sanders

(I have no affiliation with the company)