Re: Simca & Drophead

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Simca & Drophead
From: uunet!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 90 11:03:05 EDT
[Spot the British Car in this posting*]

All this discussion about Simcas brings back a few memories of when I
worked for the Severn-Trent Water Authority in England.  I worked
in the labs doing water analysis.  Many times, when our sampler-drivers
were absent, one of us would have to take the vans out and go sampling
ourselves.  Our vans were Simcas and Vauxhall Vivas [*You win today's
Star Prize (tm) :-)].

I think the gears where shot on each of the Simcas.  My favourite had
no first gear (it was stripped), and was always fun to start up from
rest in second.  On the same van once, I was racing down some country
lanes doing about 80 mph on a long straight.  The engine sounded GREAT!
I had to slow down for the inevitable corner at the end.  Then I
discovered I was in 3rd gear the whole time I was doing 80 mph. Oops :-)

Needless to say, we enjoyed beating up our Simcas!

Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert