Tigers etc.

To: britcars@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: Tigers etc.
From: mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry Colen - Nerd in a black leather jacket)
Date: Thu Aug 9 02:12:52 1990
Every year at the Palo Alto Car meet there are lots of Tigers.
Last year there were as many Tigers as Alpines.  I am sure
that there is probably a Tiger club.
Sunbeam Specialties in San Jose would likely know the
name of who to contact.

Singers:
  boy are we on a rootes group roll!
Roland asked about Singers, don't know much about the old ones,
but for a summer I had a Singer Gazelle project.  Dad was going
to finance it, I was going to do the work.  when I got the
motor out and told Dad what it would cost, he got cold feet.
the guy that gave it to me, ended up wanting it back anyways,
so I had a fun time pulling and dismantling the motor.
This was about a '59 Singer, a badge engineered Hillman Minx,
very closely related to the Later Alpines (and of course Tigers).

  LRC