MG Prices

To: amc-gw!british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: MG Prices
From: uunet!morpho!alan@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Alan Dahl)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 90 09:38:34 PDT
What is the British car market like in the rest of the country?
I've been trying to sell my '78 Midget, "Hershey", here in Seattle
the last couple of weeks with very little success (no, I'm not
looking at getting out of British cars, it's just I'd like something
a bit more collectable, like an Bugeye or a big Healey or a friend's
MGTF that lately he's been making noises about selling).  Everyone
I talk to thinks I should have no problem selling it, but no one
has the money either.

Part of the problem is the car's condition, it's too nice. I've put
over $5000 (ouch) into it over the last few years and it's kind of hard
to convince people that they'll have to do a lot of the same things to
the $1800 special they found at the used car lot. I'm hoping to get $3400
or so for it.  Is this reasonable?  Am I nuts?  I'd like to keep from
loosing my shorts too bad.
      ___    __    __    __          __      Alan Dahl
    / / /  /  /  /__/  /__/  /__/  /  /      North American MORPHO Systems
   / / /  /__/  / \   /     /  /  /__/       1145 Broadway Plaza
                                             Tacoma, WA. 98402, USA
   PH:  1 (206) 593-8021
   FAX: 1 (206) 591-8856                     ...amc-gw!morpho!alan