Moving to Mass

To: uunet^verdix.com^bob%sli@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Moving to Mass
From: mit-eddie!sli.com!rdh@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Robert D. Houk)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 90 11:53:09 EDT
   You must live in a different Boston than the one I grew up in.  Glad you
like it though.  I've been back several times since I left in '73.  Didn't like
it
   growing up, and I still don't like it.  But, then, if everyone liked the
same thing, we'd all be pretty bored, I guess.

I don't really "like" the city or the people - they are very "cold" and
insular, compared to the West Coast where I mostly grew up (Stockton and
L.A.). I like the country, and the seasons (I like snow - it's fun to
play in, I hate the summer humidity, but it makes the snow all the more
pleasurable to look forward to). I ***HATE*** the bloody government, and
am starting to wonder if I'm sufficiently fed up with the whole mess to
start looking elsewhere for a living, either a simple local move to NH
or Maine (ideally I'd convince the company to just open a "local office"
up there so I wouldn't even have to job-hunt), or possibly move back
west, maybe New Mexico or Arizona (115 degree summer is a bit intimidating,
but at least it's dry), or maybe Oregon/Washington - definitely not back
to the Peoples Democratic Republic of California though! In other words,
while I feel it's time for a change, I haven't the slightest idea what
the hell I want to do! Makes life interesting, though . . .

                                        -RDH