Bay area British car meet

To: alliant!alliant.Alliant.COM!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Bay area British car meet
From: sgi!europa.esd.sgi.com!steve@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Steve Valin)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 90 17:15:41 PDT
The Palo Alto British car meet is not the same as the concours that is
happening this weekend.  The B-C meet happens about the second Sunday of
September (I don't have the exact date with me).  It starts about 9:30am in
the fields directly across from the Stanford Mall on El Camino.  It attracts
about 700 (or maybe it was 800) british cars of various types.  Now that
you local people know about it, you would be a fool to miss it.  The admission
price went up last year to $10 a car.  I'll post the exact date if nobody else
beats me to it.  By the way, it is not a concours.  Just show up in the British
car(s) of your choice.

Maybe those that live in the surrounding areas (like Washington, Oregon,
Nevada, etc.) might want to make plans to attend.  Where else can you see
60+ Loti, 100+ MG's, 50+ Triumphs, 25+ Minis, etc...?  In the past some rare
cars have shown up, like a Healey Silverstone, Fairthorpe Atom, Marcos
Mantula, Berkeley, Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato, Morgan three wheeler,
and Bentley Blower come to mind.

--
steve valin             Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls
steve@sgi.com           But Violet Gives Willingly