Timing settings for TR-6

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Timing settings for TR-6
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 90 16:10:56 CDT

        It's time to tune up the ignition on the TR. The book I have
is pretty useless for the timing values. I think it's supposed to be 4 deg
BTDC and dwell of 35, but I'd like to tune for more low end power. I set it to
4 BTDC and 35, but it still stumbles occationally at high rpm (on the highway)
and has little power in the 1500-2800 range.

        The stumble preceeds my tuneup and is probably unrelated, but has
persisted and perhaps even gotten worse. But the power problem is relativly new
and I'd desparately like to get rid of it. Any suggestions on what to do
timing/mixture/tuning wise to regain or improve the low end power?

        Thanks,
                iii