Re: Stated Value insurance.

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM, ssi!coventry!rmb@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: Stated Value insurance.
From: uunet!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 90 10:23:44 EDT
Original poster, bob (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III) wrote:
1>
1>      Anyone have any luck getting SVI on their car? I can't seem to get
1> anyone to insure 'Lizbeth (1976 TR-6) for more than book value (< $1K),
1> including classic car companies. The regular agents won't touch it for other
1> than book if it's made after 1969, and the classic car companies I've talked
1> to won't touch it if I drive it more than 2500 miles a year. And back and
1> forth to the VTR convention is further than that sometimes.

Tom Watt responds:
2> One way you may be able to circumvent the seemingly impenetrable SVI game is
2> to have your car "professionally" assessed for stated value, and take the
2> assessment to the insurance company - where you claim you won't drive it
2> more than x miles.  Good Luck!

Tom is basically correct.

I'll include a posting I made to this list about a year ago: