Grandfather Growls!

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Grandfather Growls!
From: Dale C. Cook <mit-eddie!pinocchio.encore.com!cook@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 90 08:08:13 EDT
Well it took me a good 20 minutes to relearn all the tricks about
folding the hood properly, but Grandfather is here, proudly parked
in the front row, his top properly tucked and covered.

It's great to hear that exhaust blatt again, to feel the chill New
England air hit you over the windscreen, to feel the tightness in
the steering (and have to relearn not to steer so much) and to have
some real guages to scan again.

The only complaints were that the car hops out of third gear once
in a great while (it did this when I first got it) and the brakes
don't feel all that reassuring (maybe that's just from being
spoiled by all the power-assisted junk on my 16v Jetta?)

Keep those names coming!  I love it.  It's (once again) great to
be back!

        - Dale
        a.k.a. Ovr Fovnder