Re: [Bricklin] Air door problem

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Air door problem
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:18:52 -0500
At 05:25 PM 12/18/2011, Scott Isensee wrote:

 >I am stumped by an air door problem. The drivers side works fine, but on the
 >passenger side, the up air solenoid won't trigger most of the
time.   If I bleed
 >to the air pressure down to 40 pounds so the passenger side solenoid works
 >every time, but when I run the pressure up to about 100 it fails to trigger
 >most of the time.

Scott,

So if I understand you, you have:

1. checked the voltage going to the solenoids and that's OK.
2. probem occurs using both inside and outside switches.

3.  You say you have air latches, but you didn't say if the passenger
side latch is
firing.  I'm assuming it is, but I'll ask any way.  Is it?

4. You've run power directly to the solenoid - and it didn't fire.

5. you cleaned and replaced the solenoid.

6. you said the air lines for the passenger side is not clogged.

None of this helped.  The only thing left I can think of is that the
ground wire for
the pass. up solenoid is getting a good ground.   Check and see if each ground
wire for the solenoids goes to it's own mount to the mounting plate or are they
all tied to one point?

Also check to see that the wire is a good connection to the eyelit
(if the wire has
one).  Then how are all these ground wires actually connected to the chassis
grouns?  Check those connections.  Make sure the metal is clean an bright, the
screws are tight?  You might also want to put some dielectric past on
each of the
ground wires where they connect to the panel.

Have you tried to call Terry and talk to him or John?

Keep us posted.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive