Re: [Bricklin] Floorboard heat

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Floorboard heat
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:14:08 -0400
At 04:44 PM 6/14/2010, Greg Schroeder wrote:

 >Has anyone resolved the issue of floorboard heat?  I have installed PVC
 >sound/heat shield in the floor, lizard skin on the firewall, transmission
 >tunnel and under the seats.   I am still having issues with heat.....

Greg,

Insulation inside the car helps, but the fiberglass can still cook
from the exhaust
temps.  You'd really like to stop the heat before it gets to the
fiberglass floor pan.
You have tried to cure that with the lizard skin.  I'm assuing that
you  have it all
around the bottom of the floor pan where the exhaust pipes run close to it?

Sounds to me like you've tried about everything.  Maybe the exhaust wrap
would be worth a try, especially from were the pipe goes under the car back
past the seat area.

Keep us posted!!

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229