Re: [Bricklin] Electrical Questions Alternator and Air system

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Electrical Questions Alternator and Air system
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:57:52 -0400
at idle most "early" alternators will not keep up with AC. most do not make
enough amps till you get around 1500 rpm. new modern alternators are smaller
and have tighter air gaps and put out more amps at lower rpms than the early
ones do at full force.

On 6/11/2010 11:08:32 AM, Greg Schroeder (gschroeder@comcast.net) wrote:
> John,
>
> I am running about 700-800
> RPM's in park right now.  It will idle at 600
> with the AC, in gear and remain running while at a stop sign.
>
> I will have to check when the engine revs up.  Based on my LED monitor I
> believe it does rise some.
>
> Greg 0036
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html