Re: Airdam screws + how to glue window?

To: "Breton48" <breton48@cox.net>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Airdam screws + how to glue window?
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:02:15 -0500
JLC,

You have two options that I am aware of.

1) Glue the window to side the track as it was done at the factory.  You can
probably do that with a polyurethane glue.

2) Weld a U-channel to the top of the track and install the window in the
U-Channel.  I have done this on one window.  I glued it in with Windshield
adhesive.  I got the U-Channel from an 80's Chevy pickup window, but you can
probably fabricate your own or find something else suitable.  It will raise
the window above the door seal, but this method seems to be the preferred
method. I will see if I can locate a couple of photos to send you directly
since this email group does not support photos.

Greg 0036