Removing balancer bolt and cam bolt - Toyota Supra

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing balancer bolt and cam bolt - Toyota Supra
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:50:27 -0500
I know this is not a Bricklin question, but this is a knowledgeable group so I
am looking for suggestions.

I removed the engine from my supra and I was hoping to do the Bricklin
someday, but after this I am not sure.

I am trying to remove the balancer bolt,   I have tried with a breakdown bar
and a 550 lb impact wrench.  I eventually split the socket in half and the
bolt never budged.  The bolt is suppose to be torque at 270 lbs.  So I thought
for sure I had enough power to get it loose.

So I was having to remove the head anyway so I thought I would try to remove
the bolt from the cam gears and it looks like I am stripping the head on the
bolt.

Any suggestions on these.

Greg 0036