Re: A Little Sidetrack of humor (1 of 2)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Little Sidetrack of humor (1 of 2)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 08:45:54 -0400
At 09:19 PM 8/19/2006 -0500, Greg Schroeder wrote:

>..... After being there for a while a lady was saying something about
>Back to the Future again to my wife and then the high pressure air
>conditioning hose decided to let go.

Greg,

Sorry to hear that!  Been there done that, but not in my Bricklin.

>...So tomorrow to complete cleaning up the mess and removing the air
>compressor belt and start the search to replace the hose.  As always
>another thing to work on.

For your hose look for a pneumatic shop in the phone book.  We've got
several shops in the area that will make up the hoses for you.  I
had the AC hose for my 84 Accord made.  But check with them and see if
the have the right hose material.  On my Accord, they used a thicker
newer hose material for 134a.  So it was harder to reinstall as it was
a lot stiffer.

Note to everyone.  I did run into the same type of problem with my
Bricklin.  I had the condenser cleaned and pressure checked an then put
it in the attic for 5 yrs.  When we went to put the AC system back in
the car, I was confident that the parts were fine.  But I needed help
making an conversion hose to hook to the new dryer I was installing.
We (a buddy that used to own a commercial AC shop was helping me)
pressurized the system.  Found at least 2 leaks in the condenser.
So I junked the original and got a new one.  This ment that the hoses
needed more adapters.  Finally got it all installed, and pressure
tested it with air at about 90psi.  It held so we pulled a vac. on
the system and charged it.  Found another leak at the evaporator.  One
of the soldered nibbles was leaking.  Since I had to pull the evaporator
out, (and had just had a problem with the expansion valve on my 84 Accord)
I decided to replace the expansion valve.  Then we got looking at the
hoses.  There were cracked, so I figured I'd quit wasting time and replace
them also.  We finally got the AC system working.

continued....

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan