Re: Electric Headlight Donors

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Headlight Donors
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 04:21:10 -0400
On 4/21/06 6:18:18 PM, John T. Blair (jblair1948@cox.net) wrote:
>Rick (HTC) have you played with this at all?  It seems to me, we were
talking
>about you wanting to use electric actuactors to close the doors on your B.
  I Have not and don't want to think about electric actuators for the doors,
I think they share too many of the problems with the hydraulics, time,
amperage and twist.
 for the headlights I have thought about it, I have a set of rx7 actuators
as well as a set from a mid 80's firebird. Once I get some free time I will
probably adapt the firebird ones in place of the vacuum actuators, looks
fairly easy, just have to do some math to get the stroke right, I will eave
the original hinges and just use the electric actuators in place of the
vacuum ones, If the electric fail they have a knob you can turn to open
them. I don't like the idea of air headlights, I put over 100K miles on  a
brick back in the 70's and got real good at getting in and out of the car
with out air assist. I don't like the idea of driving at night without
headlights. The air system in a bricklin is not 100% reliable so no air on
safety items like headlights for me.
Rick