re: urethane panels

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: urethane panels
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:30:55 -0500
The problem with urethane is that it is too flexible. The doors would be
floppy and wavy unless you built all kinda of support behind them. A good
knowledgeable fabricator can make doors that don't crack. all it takes is
good (spelled expensive) resin with a flex additive. May race car body
makers use the newest flex additives and I have seen them bent panels 90
degrees without cracking.
Also urethane panels need an enclosed injection mold, so you are looking at
about 100K for a mold for each door. I don't think you could ever sell
enough panels to recoup the mold costs.
Rick R