Re: Door Skin Removal

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door Skin Removal
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:30:43 -0500
Robert Zee wrote:

>What type of glue did you use for the skin, I had heard that liquid nails is
>a no no.

Bob,

While you may be joking, but liquid nails is a real no no!  A friend of mine
did that years ago, against my recommendations to hold his quarter panels to
the B pillars.  Within a year the quarter panels had pulled away.

People have used all kinds of things.  Many have used the panel glue
for Corvetts.

Here are some of the most used glues (in no particular order).

Door/Panels   1) 3m urethane #8609 and primer 8608
              2) Duramix 4040 Semi Rigid Plastic Repair
              3) Some use urethane glue that is used to mount
                 the windshields available at Napa..
              4) Sikaflex
*             5) ** Fusor T20 - but the gun to dispense is $500
*             6) *  Fusor T21 - can be used - gun for it is $50
Both 5 * 6 can be purchased from your local auto paint supply house.

Terry uses the Fusor T20.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan