Re: more ???

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more ???
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:33:36 -0400
At 08:38 PM 10/11/03 -0400, Kevin Rodgers wrote:

>John I'm intrigued by your question.  The plate looks
>symmetrical in very way to me.  Were some made different
>or am I not understanding the question?

Kevin,

For starters, I had to replace (& make) new sill plates that go from the
firewall back to the rear fender well.  The only part of the original sill
plate that was any good was the little wells where the D rings go.  So I
cut them out and have to weld them to the new sill plates.

On my car - 887, these wells have a little flat square part (about 1" sq)
in the bottom (if you look streight down) offset to one end.  The holes
for the clamp for the D ring is offset to the other.  So the D ring is
either forward or aft of center line - of the well plate.

Does this make any more sense?  I'd take a picture and email it to you,
but I'm having problems with my computer.  I just up a new 40G hard drive
in it, and upgraded to Windows 98 SE.  But the camera and the computer won't
talk.  I've spent about 4 very frustrating hours trying to get them to talk
so I can download some pictures I took earlier today.

Va. Beach, Va             (eBay id: zebra48)
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org