Re: Front suspension squeak

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front suspension squeak
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 04:31:54 -0400
Ive used urethane a a couple of road race cars, first it does not last as
long as rubber! It doesn't deterieorate it just take a set and the hole
elongate reqireing repalcement every couple of years. This was a ffaily
light car (1800#) and i had to replace the bushing after 2 years (12 races).
As for feel, right now if you run over a boulder it feels lik a pebble, once
you change teh bushings every pebble yiu run over will feel like a boulder.
unless teh roads are very smooth where you drive you may want to reconsider
new rubber bishings, "rubber" bushings of today's technology are much better
than those of yesteryear.
Just my $.02
Rick