Re: archiving valuable BI wisdom? ( by way of key words)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: archiving valuable BI wisdom? ( by way of key words)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:36:08 -0500
Steve Owens wrote:

>John,
>I would really like to be able to access, and particularly search for key

>words in, the emails that everyone has sent....

Steve,

The emails are archived.  But currently there is NO search
engine to look at them.  Each month all the emails are zipped.
You can pull them down by month.

The maintainer of this list server is in the process of
setting up searchable archives for the various list that
are hosted on this machine.  Unfortunately, there is no
projected completion date that I know of yet.

>This is so standard, I think even FrontPage templates permit can
>include a keyword search and/or a bulletin board where messages can be
>looked at without saving all your mail and trying to catalog or, otherwise

>make searchable, ourselves.

While this is true, (MS IIS4 and 5 do support searching
web pages on a machine, not all servers are running
MS products.  And this is such a case.  Yes there are
MS extensions for many of the other machines, OS, and
web servers, but the system that our mail is on doesn't
support MS.

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org