Tight Engine

Subject: Tight Engine
From: Ken Thompson <kthompson@totalaccess.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:27:52 -0500
The 360 in my 74 Bricklin seems very tight and maybe there are other issues
with it. I can't turn the engine over by hand using a socket on the
crankshaft pulley bolt. I have been able to turn it with the starter and
have it run for short periods-15 seconds. The starter also has a difficult
time turning the engine over and the engine seems to kick back-like it is
very tight and/or has a timing problem. The PO told me the engine had been
rebuilt but I don't place a lot of confidence in that source. The last time
I had it running, I got a lot of "hammering" or sharp preignition type
sounds and turned it off.
Any suggestions on where to start?

Ken # 46

///