SMOG TEST...

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: SMOG TEST...
From: WUZNTME2@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:48:51 EDT
Well, after roughly 2 1/2 years of fixing up my Bricklin, I finally was ready
to get it smogged , registered and back on the road. I brought it to a smog
station today, and after arguing with the mechanic for a good 5 minutes that
it car is NOT a kit car, yes it is a "real car", no its not supposed to have
a catalitic converter etc.... he finally hooked her up and started the test.
The car passed a while ago without any problems before, but this time it
FAILED MISERABLY. All that work, all that time and effort and I cant even
drive it....yet. I know that in the last couple years the smog requirements
have been changed ( at least in California ) and now I gotta pay some jerk
weed to get it up to specs. What a disappointment.  It is "supposed to be
ready tomorrow" and I will try again.  I will keep you guys posted and
Hopefully #2525 will be on the streets this weekend.

Michael Casiello

///
///