Re: Brick anti-theft switch

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brick anti-theft switch
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:40:20 -0500
David Peabody wrote:

>Here's a helpful tip:
>
>Yesterday, I was removing all the carpeting and seats for recovering and
>decided to disconnect the nuisance seatbelt alarms etc. and found that you

>needed to ground the wires to start the car.

David,

   I'm assuming that you have a 74!  I know the 74 had the seat belt
interlock system.  You had to have the seat belts buckled or the car
won't start.  The 75s did have this.

However, if you are looking for a good "cheap" anti thieft device, I
suggest that you hid a standard toggle switch someplace in the
cockpit within easy reach.  Then, run the wires from this switch to
the low voltage wire on the coil.  Now when you get out of the car,
open the switch.  The eng. will turn over, but NOT start.

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

///
///