Re: alignment specs

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: alignment specs
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:29:45 -0500
1" = 2.1001 deg in toe-in alignment jargon. Why? Who
knows. This isn't true for castor/camber though.

1/8" total = ~0.26 deg = ~0.125 deg/side =
~1/16"/side.

If it were set at 1/8"/side, you would scrub the
outside edge of the tires off pretty quick, it would
'hunt' in a straight line, but sure would have a
quick turn-in! :^)) This is a typical Champ/F1 car's
spec, though they run much more negative camber, so
the tire scrubbing/'hunting' isn't much of an issue.

I was originally told 1/8", but the alignment techs
around here I know all have their machines set for
degrees because that's what many manufacturers use
nowadays (or so I've been told), so I converted it.

BTW, you still doing the crotch rocket thingie?

GM