Re: More on panels, re: Claude's gel coat

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More on panels, re: Claude's gel coat
From: "CBL302" <cbl302@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:20:52 -0400
Fiberglass Resin over the Acrylic,then gelcoat,it gives just enough flex
between the acrylic and the gelcoat,again this procedere is for a Bricklin
that has totally shot(cracked) panels on it and you want to salvage the
panels rather than replace all the panels. I applied and used a Resin mix to
fill in all the spiderweb cracks(and the whole car was totally cracked or
loaded with spiderweb style cracks)NOTE:The major cracks must be repaired
the normal way of repairing damaged fiberglass panels,you MUST remove the
acrylic in those areas,down to the bare fiberglass.It is very time
comsumeing,but worth it if you want to keep the orignal panels on the
car.Also I forgot to mention to sand the acrylic panels,before the Resin is
applied to give it some "grip".And Again all the repaired panels must be
adhered to the vehicle before any of the above can be done.

Claude
1136