Re: Power Booster

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Booster
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:23:53 -0400
At 05:54 PM 4/25/00 EDT, Marvin wrote:

>Dave,
>I just had the same problem while restoring ol' 1343.  The Bricklin's valve
>is actually a combination valve (proportioning and metering). I took mine
>apart and it had two problems.  One was a broken O ring on the sliding
>piston. There is also a spring (in the part that has a 3/4in. cap on it)
with
>a cupped rubber seal on the end of it.   Mine had a split seal.  After I
>replaced the O ring and the seal, the rear brakes were fine.

Marvin,

  How did you take you valve apart?  Where did you get the replacement
seal and O ring?  This would be a good article.  Want to do it again?

  According to my AMC books, this is NOT repairable.  I also looked at
one and tried to take it apart, but couldn't figure out how.  The one
on my Spitfire I've had apart.  But I couldn't figure out the Bricklin
one.

  So inquiring minds want to know.

  BTW, don't know if you saw the article I did about rebuilding the steering
column in the April issue of The Brickline.  But that was a trip.  Took
the original col. down and couldn't figure out how to put it back together.
So luckily I had a spare.  Took it apart.  Put the original one back together.
Then had to put the spare back together.  Then decided to write the article
so I got to take the spare apart and put it back together again so I could
take the pictures.  Boy what fun :)

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org