Fw: 75 questions

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: 75 questions
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:24:34 -0500

> 1. The oil dip stick for the eng.  Where/how does
it go.  I had to pull it
>    to mount my xmission oil cooler lines, and can't
figure out how to get
>    it back in place.  Does it go down between the
manifold and the block?
=====
Mine exits in front of the exhaust so that it's
mounting bracket is secured with the front exhaust
manifold bolt. It puts the dipstick handle in a
narrow gap between the  A/C compressor's lower pipe
connection, and the power steering hose.

The oil cooler lines are held in place by brackets
secured with oil pan bolts.
=====
>    Do the oil lines go outboard of the dip stick or
between the dip stick
>    and the pan?
=====
Due to limited access I can't get in a position to
see where the pipe enters. I guess whatever works
without interference to allow the bracket to mount to
the front off the exhaust manifold.
=====

> 2. Rear springs. Who does the rear shackle of on
the rear of the rear spring
>    sit?  George Malaska and I were discussing this
the other night.  My
>    shackles are sitting horizontally.  I went and
looked at my friends 74
>    and his were verticle.  I don't think there was
any changes to the chassis
>    mounting points between the 2 years.
=====
The frame mounting pad is parallel to the chassis,
ergo, so is the shackle.
=====

> 3. Also on the rear of the rear springs on a 75.
There is a little mounting
>    plate in addition to the mount on the chassis
and the shackle.  It is about
>    1x3" or so.  Can you see it on your car?  I
originally had it mounted on
>    top of the chassis mount.  I couldn't figure out
what it was for other
>    than a reinforcement plate with it sticking out
beyond the chassis by about
>    1".  Talking to George, he said they go under
the chassis mount between
>    that and the shackle mount.  I can't find this
in the parts manual so, I'm
>    not sure how it goes.
=====
It's a spacer between the shackle / mounting pad. I
assume it's there to address some design defect.

GM